Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Shades of Blue at Scranberry Coop


"You got a reaction, didn't you?
You took a white orchid,
You took a white orchid
Turned it blue."
- The White Stripes



"And you didn't even notice when they sky turned blue.
And you couldn't tell the difference between me and you.
And I nearly didn't notice the gentlest feeling.
You are the bluest light."
- Bloc Party





"Blue,
Oh so lonesome for you.
Why can't you be blue
Over me."
- Leann Rimes



"Blue moon,
You saw me standing alone.
Without a dream in my heart,
Without a love my own."
- The Marcels
(Written by Richard Rodgers & Lorenz Hart)



"You can do anything, but lay off a my blue suede shoes."
- Carl Perkins

"Blue skies, smiling at me.
Nothing but blue skies do I see."
- Irving Berlin



"You've found someone new.
And don't it make my brown eyes blue."
- Crystal Gayle






"No one knows what it's like
To be the bad man,
To be the sad man,
Behind blue eyes."
- The Who




"So excuse me forgetting, but these things I do.
You see I've forgotten if they're green, or they're blue.
Anyway, the thing is, what I really mean,
Those are the sweetest eyes
I've ever seen."
- Elton John



"Almost heaven, West Virginia,
Blue Ridge Mountains,
Shenandoah River.
Life is old there, older than the trees.
Younger than the mountains,
Blowing like the breeze."
- John Denever

No comments: