Sunday, February 19, 2012

Artful

"Painting is just another way of keeping a diary."
- Pablo Picasso

"The best of artists has no conception that the marble alone does not contain within itself."
- Michelangelo






"At moments of great enthusiasm it seems to me that no one in the world has ever made something this beautiful and important."
- M.C. Escher

"You come to nature with all her theories, and she knocks them all flat."
- Renoir




"The holy grail is to spend less time making the picture than it takes people to look at it."
- Banksy

"I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious."
- Andrew Wyeth



"All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up."
- Pablo Picasso




"I've never believed in God, but I believe in Picasso."
- Diego Rivera








"You know, for a long time I have been of the opinion that artists don't necessarily know what they're doing. You don't necessarily know what kind of universal concept you're tapping into."
- Leonard Nimoy










No comments: